Use of your personal information/data
You may be asked to supply contact information in order to receive information or materials that you request from the Web site. You may also supply personal data to us through your use of the Web site or directly to us when you communicate with us. We use contact information and other personal data you supply:
- to send you the information you request when you submit the form
- to develop maintain and provide the Web site and services to you
- to supply you with updated information about our services and products and those of Raintree Online Group
- to deal with queries and other concerns
Disclosure of your personal information/data
Please note that in connection with the provision of the Web site and services to you we may disclose your personal information within the Raintree Online Group and also (subject to appropriate safeguards) to entities (whether or not part of the Raintree Online Group) outside the EU/European Economic Area.
Raintree Online may share, but not sell, aggregate information about our users with business partners and other third parties. For example, we may disclose the Web site audience quantity. It is not our current policy to sell personal data or share that information with third parties (ie entities who are not part of the Raintree Online Group) without your permission, except that we may do so without your permission:
- to any third party suppliers we engage to develop or host the Web site or develop any of our products or services, or to provide services to us
- pursuant to any properly executed court order from a competent jurisdiction or if otherwise required to do so by law or to protect our rights or those of our licensors or other third parties, or to protect health and safety or to detect or reduce fraud or credit risk or for the other special cases noted above
- in connection with any disposal, sale or transfer of Raintree Online or its business.
We do not collect personally identifiable information from children except to respond directly on a one-time basis to a child's specific request.Your IP Address
RIGHTS OF ACCESS/QUERIES/DATA CONTROLLER
You may access the data collected by Raintree Online about you by sending a request to the address listed below. This is a right under the Data Protection Act 1998. We do not currently charge for this but we reserve the right to charge a fee of £10 to meet our costs of providing this information. We may withhold information from you only where we are permitted to do so by law.
Please also note you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
If you believe that an error has been made in the accuracy of the data collected from you, Raintree Online will correct such error upon adequate verification of the error and the identity of the person seeking the correction. If you wish to access, remove or correct any personally identifying data you have supplied to Raintree Online you may do so either by:
- sending an e-mail request to email@example.com [Attention] to Sharon Clarke; or
- sending a letter to:
Jordan Hill Business Park
Attention: [Sharon Clarke]
Please understand that in order to protect your privacy and security, we may also need to take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
Please also note that we are not responsible for any sites referred to or linked from our Web site and for your use of your personal data by these sites. Please refer to their own privacy policies.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 the data controller is Raintree Online, details as above.
INTEGRITY/SECURITY OF THE DATA COLLECTED
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, Raintree Online has put in place commercially reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Last Revised: 9th September 2013
© Capstone Global Library Ltd